Sheermal ( Mughlai)
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13082 times
Delicious can be had at any occasions.
Add your private note
Sheermal ( Mughlai) recipe - How to make Sheermal ( Mughlai)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Heat the milk but do not boil, then sprinkle yeast and sugar over it.
- Sieve flour, salt in a bowl, add eggs, raisins, khoya, double cream and half the ghee with the yeast mixture.
- Mix well and knead to a smooth dough, add the essence.
- If the dough is stiff then sprinkle little extra milk and knead again, cover with damp cloth and keep in a warm place to rise for 8 hours or overnight for best results.
- Punch the dough and knead it again and divide into 8 equal parts.
- Roll out each part into a round thick circle and leave aside for 20 minutes until it becomes double the size.
- Prick the roti all over with a fork, leaving 1" margin around, brush melted ghee or butter and saffron solution and sprinkle poppy seeds.
- Bake in a pre-heated moderate oven (180° c-350° f-gas mark 4) until the roti turns light brown in colour.
- Sprinkle little cold milk over them when they are half done, then put them back into the oven for a few minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle cold milk well over both sides, as this makes the roti soft.
- Wrap with foil or butter paper and keep aside until required.
- This roti can be kept for 4-5 days.
This recipe was contributed by anuradha on 06 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.