Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63430 times
The all time favorite sweet dish recipe, the Sheera is prepared from roasted semolina or rava . The suji is roasted in ghee and then cooked with sugar and water till soft. Enjoy as breakfast or tiffin option with crushed nuts and raisins as garnish.
- Fry rawa in ghee on medium flame till it turns reddish.
- Boil milk and water and then add to the rawa.
- Keep stirring continuously. when the mixture turns semi solid add sugar.
- Place a lid and let it cook for two to three minutes on low flame.
- Remove and add elaichi powder. dissolve saffron in milk and add to the rawa.
- Sprinkle elaichi powde and garnish with kismiss and almonds.
- Decorate with pieces of bana
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.