Sheer Khurma Or Hyderabadi Sheer Korma
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93907 times
Sheer korma is a traditional preparation made on the festival of Eid . Every household has it's own recipe of this rich preparation.
Here is an authentic version of this delicacy that is loaded with dry fruits like almond, cashewnuts, pistachios, raisins and dates. Though cutting the dry fruits may seem a little time consuming it is worth all the effort!
Serve along with Shahi Pulao with Nawabi Curry , Paneer Korma and Makai Galouti Kebab and Tandoori Roti for a festive meal.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the vermicelli and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add the sugar and milk and cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the dry fruits and raisins, mix well and allow it to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the fresh dates, charoli, cardamom powder and rose water and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes. If the sheer korma is too thick, add a little hot water and mix gently.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot or cold garnished with cardamom powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.