Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7154 times
An excellent nutrient dense sweet snacking option for children, Shankerpali is prepared from a dough comprising of wheat flour, maida and sugar syrup.
- Mix the above ingredients, except oil, with a little water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide into five to six equal balls and roll out each ball into a flat chapati.
- Cut into diamond-shaped pieces with a pastry cutter or knife.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry these shankerpalis over medium heat till light brown and crisp.
- When cool, store in an air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.