3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10827 times
1. the dough should be of the chapathis consistency.
2. diamond shapes can be made like this.
first cut the chappathis vertically into 1/2 inch strip and then keep the strip horizontally and cut them into small pieces. this will look like a diamond shape.
- Firstly, sieve maida and take it in a bowl, add salt, chilli powder, asafoetida and mix thoroughly with water and knead them thickly to make dough.
- Make balls out of the dough and roll them like thin chappatis.
- Meanwhile keep oil in a kadai and heat it in a medium flame.
- When the oil is heating, cut the chappathis into small diamond shaped pieces with the help of a knife.
- Like this, make pieces of each chappati and keep them in each plate.
- Now drop all the pieces of one chappati into the oil and fry them until done.
- Likewise do for all the rolls and fill it with air tight container.
- Kids will enjoy these crispies all the time walking and running around during these summer holidays.
This recipe was contributed by padmavathiravi on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.