Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28085 times
A popular Indian non veg starter recipe Shami kabab with minced meat at tarladalal.com. Find the detailed instructions, ingredients and tips to recreate the magical shami kabab( chana dal and minced meat balls) at home.
Add your private note
Shami Kabab recipe - How to make Shami Kabab
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- To the washed and drained kheema, add the chana dal, sabut masala, 1cup warm water, salt to taste and then cook till dry.
- Remove from heat and add ginger, garlic, pepper, chili powder, dhania and jeera powder. grind to a fine paste and then form into dough.
- To the minced onion, add the finely chopped pudina, kothmir, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Beat the egg lightly. divide the dough into lemon- sized balls.
- Flatten each ball in the palm of your hand and stuff with a little of the onion mixture.
- Shape into a kabab and dip in the beaten egg. shallow fry till it turns color.
This recipe was contributed by sonia_thamman on 09 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.