Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7597 times
Truly a shahi(royal) dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding recipe with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great sweet dish to be served on festivals and special days. Relish shahi tukra with kheer or rabdi.
Add your private note
Shahi Tukra recipe - How to make Shahi Tukra
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
4 slices white bread2 tbsp sugar
0.5 cup milk
0.5 kg rabri
1 tsp gulab jal
0.5 cup malai ghee for deep frying
vark (leaves of beaten silver), optional
2 tbsp blanched and silvered almonds
2 tbsp blanched and silvered pistachio
a few rose petals
a few strands of kesar(saffron)
- Cut dry slices of bread into half, lengthwise. deep fry in hot ghee till crisp.
- Dissolve the sugar in the milk and bring to a boil. set aside till cool enough to handle.
- Dip the fried pieces of bread in the milk and sugar, and arrange in a serving dish, in one layer.
- Mix the rose water in the rabri and spoon it over the fried bread pieces, to cover all of them.
- Spoon the cream on to the centre of each piece. garnish with silver leaves.
- Garnish with almonds, pistachios, rose petals and saffron strands. serve hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by goodrecipies on 08 Jul 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.