Shahi Tukra ( Punjabi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36609 times
Shahi tukda is a rich dessert and it lives up to its name. Pieces of bread that have been deep fried till golden brown and crisp are topped with the very popular rabdi and garnished with loads of dry fruits and some varq.
- Dissolve the sugar in ¾ cup of water and simmer on a low flame till you get a one string consistency. Keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Cut each bread slices into 4 triangles.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bread triangles till golden brown. Drain and soak in the sugar syrup for 2 minutes.
- Drain again and keep aside.
- To serve, pour the warm rabadi over the top ensuring that the toast pieces are evenly covered with the rabadi.
- Refrigerate for atleast an hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with the almonds, pistachios and saffron.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.