Shahi Tukra ( By Palavi )
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5817 times
Truly a shahi (royal) dessert, as its name suggests, shahi tukray is a rich bread pudding recipe with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great sweet dish to be served on festivals and special days. Relish shahi tukray with kheer or rabdi.
- Fry all the pieces of the bread in a pan until light golden.
- Put the fried pieces on a paper towel so that it absorbs all the extra oil.
- Cut all the slices in triangle small pieces by cutting them diagonally.
- Add 1 cup of water, cardimoms and 1 1/2 cup of sugar in a pan. Boil for about 5-6 minutes until the syrup becomes homogenous.
- Turn the stove off. Add the food coloring and stir.
- Place a layer of bread into a baking dish.
- Spread a little bit of syrup following the milk onto the bread. Repeat until done with all the pieces of bread.
- Sprinkle the almonds and pitachios on the top.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until all the milk dries.
This recipe was contributed by palavi on 07 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.