Shahi Tamatar Korma
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3625 times
You would have never known that a versatile food like tomato can actually be made into a rich korma, until you tried the Shahi Tamatar korma recipe. The rich, spicy and tomato based curry is best enjoyed with rice but can also be served with naans or Parathas.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the coriander seeds and grated coconut until an aroma comes.
- Remove from the heat and grind to a fine paste along with ginger, green chilies and raisins.
- Heat ghee in the same pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and sliced onion. saute till the onion is fried well.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, fresh peas and simmer for few minutes. then add the ground paste and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Now add coconut milk, salt and turmeric powder. simmer till everything is cooked and the gravy becomes thick.
This recipe was contributed by tans on 15 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.