Shahi Soya Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35613 times
Even the humble soya chunks become royal when floated atop a rich "Shahi" white gravy. Drain out the water and also the foam that forms on top of the onions and cashew mix when cooking as the flavour will be spoilt if you keep the foam on.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the onions and cashewnuts and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and grind in a mixer to make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, bayleaf and cinnamon.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, coriander powder, chilli powder and curds and simmer for a few minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the soya chunks, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.