Shahi Pulao with Nawabi Curry ( Popular Restaurant Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 150 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76159 times
A memorable rice preparation with layers of rich nawabi gravy, and enriched with saffron and dry fruits. It has a slightly sweet flavour because of the fruits that have been used.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using ¼ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the nawabi paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato purée, fresh cream, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the cardamom and cinnamon, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the almonds, cashewnuts and raisins, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, cherries, pineapple and salt, mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide it into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease a microwave safe baking bowl with ghee, put 1 portion of a shahi pulao in it and spread it evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Put the prepared nawabi curry over it and spread it evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Put the 2nd portion of shahi pulao over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the milk over it, cover with a lid and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 c for 10 to 12 minutes or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn upside down on a big serving plate.
- Serve immediately.
- If you wish to microwave the rice at step 4, make sure to use a microwave safe lid.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.