Shahi Nawabi Pulao
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7427 times
The pulao tastes lovely when served with yoghurt and coriander chutney.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 4 hours.
- Drain and add enough water and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame, till the rice is cooked.
- Discard the extra water and divide the rice into three equal portions.
- Add a little orange food colourto one portion, green food colour to the second portion and yellow food colour to the third portion. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves, asafoetida and cumin seeds and saute till the seeds crackle.
- Add the curds and salt and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots, green peas and corn in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pour the curd mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Spread half of the vegetables mixture evenly on top.
- Spread half of the yellow rice followed by half the green rice followed by half the orange rice.
- Spread the remaining vegetable mixture and sprinkle a little salt.
- Spread the remaining green rice, followed by the orange rice followed by the yellow rice.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and saffron.
- Bbake in a pre-heated oven on low heat for 1½ hours.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Daksha on 07 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.