Shahi Moti Kebab with Date Dip
by Foodie #514071
This recipe has been viewed 5371 times
A healthy and unique starter recipe especially for all the non-vegetarians with the combination of eggplants and cottage cheese.
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Combine the paneer, brinjal, tomatoes, cumin seeds and green chilies with curds and salt and blend together in a mixer.
- Shape the mixture into balls using ¼ cup of mixture for each balls and roll them in gramflour.
- Place the balls on a greased oven tray and bake them in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes or until the balls turn crisp and golden. Instead of baking them,you can even deep or shallow fry the balls.
- Cover each ball with the edible silver foil in such a way that the balls remain visible in patches.
- Insert wooden toothpicks or finger-sized skewers in each and place them on a large serving platter .
- Boil 250 ml water in a saucepan.
- Drop the deseeded dates in the boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes and strain.
- Blend blanched dates,curds with red chili flakes,cumin powder and salt in a blender.
- If you want the dip to be smooth and chunks free ,blend it a few more times and serve chilled or at room temperature with your Shahi Moti Kebab.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 21 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.