Shahi Methi Rajma
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13422 times
Shahi methi rajma tastes best with fresh methi or fenugreek leaves but can also be prepared with kasuri or dried methi.The cooked beans blend perfectly with the methi flavour and makes for a lovely side dish with chapatis or rice.
- Soak kidney beans overnight.
- Wash methi properly. chop finely.
- Pressure cook kidney beans and methi together. if you are using kasuri methi pressure cook it.
- In a pan pour oil and when it is hot add cumin seeds, bay leaves, haldi ( tumeric), hing ( asfoetida), chilli powder, garlic ( chopped finely), chopped onion.
- Saute till onion is golden brown.
- Add cooked mix of kidney beans and methi.
- Add garam masala, cashenuts, raisins and salt according to taste
- Add one cup of beaten dahi.
- Ready to serve with rice/ chapati.
This recipe was contributed by nidhibhat on 13 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.