Shahi Gobhi ( Mughali Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57695 times
This very popular dish is prepared by cooking a full cauliflower in some salt water, topping it with a scrumptious mughlai gravy and baking it to perfection. Though a little time consuming, shahi gobhi is a great option for serving at parties as it looks great and tastes even better!
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai over a slow flame, add the onions and bayleaf and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt and 1 cup of water and simmer for a few minutes. Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water with a little salt, add the cauliflower and cook till it is tender. Allow it to cool.
- Cut out and remove the remaining hard stem in the centre of the cauliflower with a sharp knife.
- Place the cauliflower in a serving dish, pour the gravy over it and sprinkle the peas and cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 15 minutes until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||177.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||43.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.