Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4360 times
Onion and tomatoes should be finely chopped.
can use tomato puree/sauce instead of tomato.
if deggi mirch is not available can use 2-3 tomatoes instead of 1 and any red chilly powder can be used.
- Take 1 tablespoon oil(ghee) in a pan.
- Put jeera in it and fry till crackling sound appears
- Put chopped onion into it and fry till golden brown
- Add to this, dhania powder and ginger paste. cook for 1 min and then add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, chopped tomato.
- Cook for 2 min and then add salt and little water (nearly 4 tblspoon) to it.
- Cook on low heat till water is dried and this mixture appears like a coarse paste.
- Grind fresh coriander leaves along with green chillies along with little water to a almost smooth paste.
- Add this to cooked mixture. again cook for 2 min.
- In another pan heat oil for frying.add to this chopped potatoes, and fry till light golden brown.
- Now mix the cooked mixture, fried crispy potatoes and cooked rice.
- Serve hot with dahi or raita
This recipe was contributed by b05792 on 11 Apr 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.