Shahi Bread By deepabajaj
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2284 times
Truly a shahi (royal) dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi bread is a popular Indian dessert item. The bread based pudding recipe, Shahi bread is laden with dry fruits and flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great sweet dish to be served on festivals and special days. Enjoy Shahi bread with kheer or rabdi.
- Cut the bread slices into 2 pieces each
- Fry them in oil till golden brown and crisp
- Put the sugar in 3/4 cup of water and boil to prepare sugar syrup
- Put each piece of the fried bread in the sugar syrup for 1/2 min and remove
- Lay the bread in a plate and spread the malai on each of the piece
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits
This recipe was contributed by deepabajaj on 27 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.