Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4928 times
A judicious blend of spices, flavours and taste, shahi aloo is a tempting vegetable recipe. With potatoes diced and cooked in a spicy rich chicken gravy, shahi aloo is simply irrestible and yet so simple to prepare. Find other mouthwatering aloo recipe, vegetable recipe, fish recipe at tarla dalal.com
Add your private note
Shahi Aloo recipe - How to make Shahi Aloo
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and deep fry them in oil until soft. remove and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil and fry the paste for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, curds, chilli powder and fry for 1 minute. add the cashewnuts and raisins and fry for 1/2 minute more.
- Add the potatoes with 1/2 teacup of water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot puris or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by shah_seema on 23 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.