Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4269 times
This dish should be served a little soggy and should not get too dry.
this can also be eaten on days of fast as it does not contain onions or garlic.
Add your private note
Shabudhana Kichidi recipe - How to make Shabudhana Kichidi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Fry the shabudhana in a pan with no oil for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Boil the moong dhaal until cooked and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the bay leaves, red chillis, jeera, green chillis and ginger paste.
- Add the vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the vegetables are 3/4 cooked.
- Add the haldi, jeera, dhania powders, salt and sugar.
- Add the shabudhana and dhaal and cook until the veges and shabu are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Goonkie on 07 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.