Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25432 times
Shaam Savera is a s interesting a recipe as it sounds. The paneer pikes play hide and seek in the spinach puree based gravy and is typically paired with naan as side dish.
- Wash spinach in plenty of running water to get rid of any dirt, soil or impurities. blanch spinach in boiling hot water and refresh in cold water.
- Chop and keep aside.
- Add chopped green chilies, salt, chopped garlic and corn flour.
- Mix well and divide into 12 equal portions.
- Grate paneer. add salt and mash well. divide it into 12 small balls.
- Take spinach, flatten it on your palm and stuff paneer balls in it.
- Shape it into a ball (kofta).
- Deep fry for 5 minutes in moderately hot oil.
- Heat butter in a pan. add whole garam masala. let it crackle.
- Then add ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped green chilies.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt in one cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey or both and kasoori methi. stir in fresh cream.
- Serve koftas cut into halves on top of makhani gravy.
- Do not boil koftas in the gravy as they are liable to break.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.