Seviyan Upma, Vermicelli Veg Upma, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43052 times
Seviyan Upma, made with wheat vermicelli, is a very popular breakfast because it can be cooked quite swiftly and does not require much advance planning or preparations.
This is a healthier version of Seviyan Upma with lots of colourful veggies and just the right amount of salt. A traditional tempering boosts the aroma of this upma while a squeeze of lime accentuates its flavour. It is an ideal breakfast for those with high blood pressure.
You can also have a go at other low-salt breakfast recipes like Poha Handwa and Mini Carrot and Cabbage Buckwheat Pancake .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the vermicelli and dry roast it on medium flame for 4 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the urad dal and mustard seeds and salute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peas and ¼ cup water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vermicelli,1 cup of hot water and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for another 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.