Seven Cups Cake - Diwali Sweet Recipe
by Laavys Kitchen
This recipe has been viewed 2566 times
There are seven cups of ingredients which makes this soft mildly sweet delicacy.
It consists of 1 cup each of Besan,milk,coconut,ghee and sugar.You can use 3 cups of sugar for authentic recipe but I wanted to make it lightly sweet so made it with just 2 cups of sugar.
This sweet is traditionally made into squares and has a texture of Mysore Pak but I thought of doing it in a different way and make them into small fudge balls so I can shape them to look like a small lamp/diya for Diwali.
- Take a wide flat bottomed plate or bowl and apply ghee on all sides and keep aside.
- In a pan,add 1/2 spoon ghee and roast the besan flour for 2 min until you get the aroma. Do not let them brown. Allow it to cool. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a deep bottomed pan in medium high flame. Pour the seven cups mixture and gently keep on stirring.
- After 5- 7 min, the mixture starts bubbling. Now adjust the flame to medium heat and keep on stirring.
- After 20 - 25 min,the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame.
- Pour it carefully on the greased plate and let it cool for 10 mins and not much longer.
- It is now soft and ready to be rolled into balls. Rolling them while they are slightly warm is very important. That because we are going to insert small sliced almonds on top of each balls to resemble the lamp. If you allow it to cool completely they become hard and you cannot insert almonds into th
- Apply oil in both hands and start rolling them into little balls. Keep the balls aside.
- Dry roast almonds,cashews and let it cool. Coarsely grind them along with a pinch of cardamom and 1 spoon of sugar. Pour them into a bowl. Now our balls are ready to be rolled on the powdered nuts.
- Dip each ball into the powdered almonds and cashewnut mixture until they are completely covered. Then insert a sliced almond on the center of each ball.
- Your seven cup sweet is ready to serve.
- At step 5 you can let the mixture cook and thicken up more for 5 min so as to get hard thick squares of this sweet.
This recipe was contributed by Laavys Kitchen on 07 Dec 2015Food blogger , Food photographer , Recipe developer , Baker.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.