Seven Cups By jolu
This recipe has been viewed 1074 times
Seven cups cake is an Indian cake or dessert recipe comprising of besan, coconut, milk and sugar. The besan is roasted in ghee and then cooked with milk, sugar and served hot in diamond shapes with chopped nuts as garnishing.
- First fry the flour for few minutes in a dry pan.
- Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
- Add dalda, milk, sugar and grinded coconut in a pan.
- Wait for few seconds for the dalda to melt.
- Now add fried gram flour gradually and mix well without forming lumps.powder the flour with your hand to break lumps before adding.
- Keep the flame in low always.
- Stir well the mix till the dalda starts coming out or the mix reaching to the consistency of making burfies[bubbles as for mysore pak].
- Keep on low flame, keep on stirring till it becomes thick , see that it should not burn on the bottom.
- Now pour the mixer on a greased tray '''' cool it and cut into squres.
- Pour the mix in a greased (ghee/dalda) flat plate.
- After 5 minutes, cut it into pieces of your desired size with the greased knife and store it in a container.
- Garnish with grated cashews and almonds to have a grand look.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 20 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.