Sevaiyan Pulao ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51712 times
The exciting noodle-like appearance of vermicelli really works in favour of the Sevaiyan Pulao, making it a hot favourite with kids. Kids love to play around with the long, slippery strands of the semolina vermicelli, while moms are content that a lot of veggies are also going in with it. Assorted veggies, apt spices and garam masala too make the Sevaiyan Pulao not only visually appealing but a real treat to the taste buds too! It is easy and quick to make on busy mornings, and stays fresh in the tiffin box for at least 5 hours. Also pack a few Hariyali Soya Puris for a crispy munch along with the Sevaiyan Pulao.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the vermicelli and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the same non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 30 more seconds.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vermicelli and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Discard the cinnamon, clove and cardamom.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||280.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.