Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9259 times
Sevaiya is a sweet preparation made from roasted semiya or seviya or vermicelli. The semiya is cooked with water and sugar and then served garnished with chopped almonds and silver vark.
Add your private note
Sevaiya recipe - How to make Sevaiya
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Boil water and put the raw pasta into the boiling water and add 1/2 tsp of salt. when pasta is done, strain and put some running water for 1minute.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- When hot put mustard seed.
- When the seed splutters put green chillies (which are cut into small pieces).
- Saute green chillies for 2 mints and put the boiled pasta into the kadi and mix well.
- Squeeze lemon on top and taste.
- If salt is required, dissolve little salt in water and sprinkle on top and few drops of lemon.
- Mix well and close the kadi and keep on slow fire for 2 minutes.
- Switch of the gas and serve hot.
- This can be also garnished with corrinder leaves on top and served.
This recipe was contributed by vijayraj on 27 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.