Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 34017 times
The sevia upma is a delectable upma recipe with vermicelli or seviyan as ingredient. The vermicelli or sevia are roasted and cooked just like semolina or rava upma with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, sevia upma is easy and delicious.
- Boil water in a dekchi till it reaches boiling point.
- Add all the sevai into a vessel and crush.add this boiling water till all sevai gets sub merged in.
- Leave it for 10mins then strain the water off and cool it.
- Meanwhile cut onions and green chillies to small pieces.
- Heat oil add rai/jeera till they splutter.add onions and fry well till golden brown.
- Add hing salt and kadipatta and fry well.
- Now add the cooled sevai and stir very well till it all mixes well
- Cook on low falme stiring inbet for 5-8mins.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by insured on 27 Jul 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.