Sev Tameta Nu Shaak (green Tomatoes)
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36115 times
Sev tameta nu shaak (green tomatoes) is a Gujarati recipe with the green tomatoes cooked in a tangy delicious gravy and then served topped with crunchy crispy sev.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes. chop the garlic very finely.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. add the cumin seeds and aloow them to splutter. add the asafoetida and the chilli powder and immediately add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and water.
- Cook on a medium flame till the tomatoes are done. add a little more water if required.
- Add the jaggery, salt and dhania powder. cover and cook till the jaggery melts completely.
- Do not let all the water to evaporate. maintain a watery gravy to soften the sev.
- At the time of serving, fill half of the serving bowl with the vegetable and top it with the nylon sev. garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis, parathas, steamed rice or khichdi.
This recipe was contributed by sufee on 08 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.