Sev Tameta, Gujarati Sev Tameta Nu Shaak Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Sev Tameta, Gujarati Sev Tameta Nu Shaak Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 298 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 212584 times
A quick but delectable preparation of tomatoes tempered with cumin seeds and ginger, served with sev. Sev is a deep-fried, vermicelli-like snack made with gram flour. It is so common that it is found in almost all stores, right from the street vendors to the large supermarkets! All in all, this is a no-fuss recipe! Note that the tomatoes can be cooked earlier, but the sev should be added just before serving so that it remains fresh and crisp. Serve this quick subzi with rotlis.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and simmer for 8 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the sev and mix well.
- Serve immediately with rotlis.
- Make this as close to serving time as possible or else the sev will turn soggy.
Sev Tameta nu Shaak Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.