Sesame Vegetable Coins
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2571 times
Sesame vegetable coins is a popular Chinese coin shaped vegetable based snack item. The vegetable mixture is made into coin shapes and then coated with sesame seeds before shallow frying. These sesame coated vegetable coins can also be made into fingers and then enjoyed as starter or snack with sauce.
Add your private note
Sesame Vegetable Coins recipe - How to make Sesame Vegetable Coins
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
6 bread slices1 tbsp oil
1 SMALL ONION-CHOPPED FINELY
1 CARROT-CHOPPED FINELY(DICED)
1 CAPSICUM-CHOPPED FINELY (DICED)
2 SMALL POTATOES -BOILED AND GRATED
1 TBS CHOPPED CORRIANDER
1 TBS SOYA SAUCE
1 TBS TOMATO SAUCE1/2 tsp black pepper (kalimirch) powder
1/4 TSP RED CHILLI POWDER (OR TO TASTE) salt to taste sesame seeds (til) to sprinkle
BUTTER-JUST ENOUGH TO SPREAD LIGHTLY
- Heat oil and add the onions,cook till transparent.
- Add carrots and capsicum.cook for 3-4 mins on low flame.
- Add potatoes,soya sauce,salt,pepper and chilli powder.cook for 2-3 mins and keep aside.
- With a cutter or a sharp lid,cut the bread into small rounds(about 1-2"diameter).butter the bread rounds very lightly on both the sides with softened butter
- Heap some potato mixture on the round slices of bread in the center,leaving 1/4"empty all around,like amountain.press.
- Sprinkle some seasame seeds.press.
- Grill in moderatly hot oven at 200 degree celsius till bread turns crisp from the underside.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by aysha_201 on 02 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.