Sesame Seed Balls
This recipe has been viewed 2934 times
instead of making balls, spread the mix in an oiled tray, press tightly and allowed to cool.
cut into diamond or square shapes called barfi.
- Measure all ingredients and keep aside.
- Dry fry sesame seeds in a frying pan until lightly browned and there is a distinct aroma of sesame oil.
- Cool, grind coarsely and keep aside. fry khoya in a wok or pan until it changes colour to pink-ish.
- Add til and sugar when a little cooler.
- Take approximately 1-2 tbs. of the prepared mix in your hand and roll it between the palm and fingers, to make it into a small but firm ball. squeezing is necessary to make the laddoo compact enough to hold together.
- Continue until all laddoos are made.
- Place on a tray until completely cool.
- Store in an air tight boxes
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.