Sesame Rice Or Ellu Saadam
by Foodie #627191
This recipe has been viewed 985 times
I have hobby of cooking and every week I try to cook new recipe.and this recipe came in my mind.
- In a kadai / frying pan, dry roast dry red chilli and urad dal. Transfer to a plate, when urad dal turn slightly brown and releases nice aroma.
- In the same pan, add sesame seeds and dry roast till it changes in its color and releases nice aroma. Turn the flame off and transfer it to a plate to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixer, take urad dal and dry red chillies and grind it to a powder.
- Then, add the sesame seeds and grind it just for 10 seconds or just give one or two pulse. Keep this powder aside.
- Heat the same pan and add oil.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, peanuts and asafoetida when it is hot, fry for few seconds.
- Turn the flame to low and add cooked rice followed by salt and sesame powder, mix well without breaking rice.
- Serve hot with fried papad.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #627191 on 24 Jan 2015Deepika chauhan
i m from nadiad
i love ccoking
i love to cook n do experiment about it.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.