Sesame Fingers ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28608 times
Sesame fingers are one of the most favorite snacks in chinese cuisine. This recipe calls for sliced bread, so if you have leftover bread, this is a delicious way to use them up. Shredded veggies are used as a topping on the bread and then batter-fried. These are then cut into strips and served, hence the name. These fingers make a great snack when your kids get back from school or even as finger food in a party. You can try adding paneer or tofu along with the veggies as a variation, but the sesame seeds are a must, as they add a nice crunchiness to this snack. Enjoy!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, salt, soya sauce and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool.
- Place 1 bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a little prepared topping evenly on the slice and press it lightly.
- Apply a little prepared plain flour-water mixture prepared mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of sesame seeds evenly on top.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more such bread slices.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bread slices, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut each slice into 3 equal long strips (fingers) and serve immediately dotted with chilli sauce.
Nutrient values per sesame finger
|Vitamin A||124.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.