Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10518 times
The semiya upma is a delicious upma recipe with vermicelli or semiyan as ingredient. The vermicelli or seviyan are roasted and cooked just like semolina or rava upma with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, semia upma is easy and quick recipe.
- Boil water and add salt and oil to the boiling water.
- Once the water is well boilt, add the semiya to it. boil it till it done and remove from heat. immediately pour it out into a slotted dish to let the water drain out and wash it in cold water for about 2 mins.
- Cut the onions, ginger and the green chillies into small pieces.
- Heat oil. add the mustard seeds, green chillies, ginger and the curry leaves. then add the jeera and the chana daal.
- Add the semiya to this and mix it well. add some salt and mix it properly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cashew nuts(optional).
- Add the onions and fry them till they are well done.
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 15 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.