Seehi Kootu (a Kannada Name)
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5395 times
Don't boil the dish for a long time after you add milk.
sugar gives a special taste.
the dish is best with cayote squash.
- Fry urad dhal, black pepper, red chillies, jeera in a kadai with very little oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add khus khus after you put off the flame.
- Finely grind the fried contents along with grated coconut.
- Mix this with the boiled vegetable (ridge gourd, cucumber, cayote squash, red pumpkin, each can be used individually).
- Boil for 10 minutes,
- When complete, add milk, sugar, salt.
- Season it with mustard, jeera, hinge.
- Garnish with corriander.
- Serve with hot plain steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by suni1972 on 13 Oct 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.