Scones with Whipped Cream and Jam
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1325 times
A scone is a single-serving sized, mildly-sweet bread with a very pleasing mouth-feel. It is usually made of a combination of plain flour and whole wheat flour, with baking powder as the leavening agent.
It is baked on sheet pans or in a baking tray. Scones are also sometimes glazed with a milk wash, to give them a milky aroma and to retain the softness.
Scones taste different from teacakes and other sweet buns made with yeast. Scones are an indispensable part of a continental breakfast and some evening tea routines too.
It is usually served with tea or coffee, and clotted cream and jam.
Scones with Whipped Cream and Jam can also make a light afternoon meal with tea. Here is how to make this heavenly treat!
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a deep bowl, mix well and rub in between your palms to form a breadcrumbs like mixture, add the sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, milk and vanilla essence in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute. Add in the plain flour mixture and knead into a very soft dough without using any water. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Take spoonfuls of the dough and place them on a greased baking tray at equal distance.
- Brush each portion on top with milk.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm with beaten whipped cream and jam.
Nutrient values per scone
|Vitamin A||184.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.