Schezwan Jeera Rice ( For Kids)
This recipe has been viewed 2577 times
A mild schezuan rice for which kids will come running to the the table. Quick and easy to make.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the onion slices on a medium flame till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside for the garnish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 2½ cups of water to boil.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan and add the caraway seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt cover with a lid and cook till the rice is done.
- Add the schezuan sauce to the rice and mix well.
- Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot and garnished with the fried onions.
This recipe was contributed by ChinaQueen on 17 Dec 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.