Schezuan Style Stir-fried Vegetables ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13397 times
Popular as it might be, I am sure you must be striking off Schezuan-style stir-fries from your personal menu as it is most often laden with oodles of oil. This one is made with just 2 tsp of oil and uses loads of veggies, making it not just visually-appealing but also strikingly tasty and spicy!
Select vegetables that are easily available, and do not worry if you do not find a veggie or two. Vegetables like broccoli, capsicum and snow peas contain vitamin C, antioxidants and immune-boosters that fight infections. To retain all of it, ensure that you do not overcook the veggies. Relish this luscious dish with plain cooked kodri or cooked whole wheat noodles .
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick kadhai, add the red chillies, cabbage and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook till the water evaporates and the cabbage is tender.
- Add the spring onion whites and pakchoi and sauté over a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baby corn, broccoli, snow peas, capsicum, zucchini, schezuan sauce, sugar and salt, toss well and cook over a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour paste, mix well and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.