by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 665 times
Veggie balls deep-fried to a perfect golden brown and tossed in Schezuan sauce, this Indo-Chinese snack is a perfect starterfor parties.
Enticingly crisp with a palate-warming flavour, the Schezuan Fingers is a snack that'll be relished by young and old alike.
Try other such tasty starters like Paneer Potato and Corn Balls or Pasta Cheese Balls.
- Combine the cabbage, carrot, french beans, coriander, schezuan sauce, cornflour, plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with hands.
- Divide the mixture into 22 equal portions and shape each portion roughly into an oval by rolling it between your palms and fingers using a little oil
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry a few fingers at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the schezuan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the deep-fried fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.