Savoury Peas Parathas ( Parathas )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7944 times
People coming over for high-tea? these savory parathas in a smaller size will make an ideal snack. Peas and spices are pureed and mixed into a stiff dough and flattened into small parathas and cooked. They taste fabulous as is, with no accompaniment. Go ahead and indulge!
- Heat the oil, add the asafoetida and the paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the amchur powder and salt and for sauté 1 more minute.
- Cool the mixture. Add the flour and make a smooth, soft dough using water.
- Divide into 6 equal portions, roll each portion into small parathas using plain flour for dusting.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) on both sides using ghee/ oil till brown spots appear on the surface.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||130.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.