Savory Kordois - Assamese Snack
This recipe has been viewed 2090 times
Kordois is a popular snack from North-East Cuisine belongs to Assam. Assam is known for Tea and Silk.
Savory Kordoi is a dish made with very basic ingredients and so you don't need any special preparation. Kordois are generally made during Bihu. It is to be noted that the star fruit is also called ‘kordoi’ in Assamese.
- Mix in all the ingredients except the oil for frying in a bowl and mix it well.
- Make it in a crumbly form.
- Sprinkle water little by little and make a stiff dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 12-14 equal balls of big gooseberry size.
- Roll the ball into a thin disc around 3 inches on a floured surface. Now with a sharp knife into strips leaving both sides intact,
- Gently roll the disc from one edge and twist the sides and keep it on a plate.
- Make small portions, roll out like puri. With a pointed knife cut the sides and make long slits.
- Take the puri and press the top and bottom with your fingers. From an end start to roll by pinching the ends to bind. Push the two ends of the kordois gently to plump the middle.
- Heat the oil in a medium flame and fry 2-3 pieces in the oil it becomes crisp and golden color.
- Remove it from the oil and drain it on a paper and store it in an air tight container after cooling(keep it only 1 day, because they have veggies in it, so can't more than a day)
- Serve it with tomato ketchup, green coriander chutney and a hot cup of ginger tea.
This recipe was contributed by JollyHomemadeRecipes on 09 Mar 2016My name is Jolly, my name means happy/joy and you can see it in my recipes..
Cooking has always bee...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.