Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6731 times
Plain saunf rice served with any dal, rajma or chole make a healthy and aromatic food.
- Heat enough water in a deep pan, add the rice, fennel seeds tied in cloth and salt, mix well and cover and cook till the rice is cooked.
- Remove the fennel seeds potli and discard. Keep aside covered.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fennel seeds and cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the coriander and mix lightly.
- Serve immediately garnished with roasted cashewnuts.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 18 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.