Sauce Boats, Cucumber Boats ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27170 times
Redefine the art of serving chutneys, sauce with the help of these cucumber sailors. Your friends would be dipping for more!
Add your private note
Sauce Boats, Cucumber Boats ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make Sauce Boats, Cucumber Boats ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 2 boats
- Peel a thin layer from one side of the cucumber using a knife and keep aside.
- Place the cucumber on a chopping board with the peeled side facing downwards. Peel another thin layer from the top, keeping one side of the peel intact.
- Fasten the open side of the peel to the cucumber with a satay stick.
- Attach the peel that you have set aside on top of this peel and press gently. Cut a small triangle from the carrot and attach it on the top of this second peel to make a flag of the boat.
- After making the 'sail', scoop out the insides of the cucumber to create a hollow space. Keep aside.
- Draw eyes, nose, mouth and moustaches on one side of the lemon with the black marker pen.
- Place the bitter gourd on a chopping board and cut a small piece from one end, using a knife.
- Attach the bitter gourd piece (hat) on the top of lemon (face) of the sailor, using a toothpick.
- Attach the lemon (sailor) onto the opposite side of the flag using another toothpick.
- Take another carrot triangle and attach it to one end of a toothpick.
- Insert the other end of the cucumber just below the lemon (sailor) to look like an oar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.