Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3234 times
Satrangi Paratha is a seven layered Paratha recipe with wheat Rotis filled with urad dal mixture, boiled potatoes, coriander leaves,mint leaves, green chillies, grated paneer and spice powders in seven different layers . The Satrangi Paratha is then shallow fried with ghee and served as cut squares with curd.
- To begin with ,prepare the dough of atta by adding salt according to your taste.
- Make 7 small balls from it and roll them flatly with the help of "belan".
- Now place and spread udad dal ki pitthi(masala dali huee) over the 1st layer or parat.
- Now place the 2nd parat over the 1st one and spread hara dhaniya over it.
- Now place the 3rd parat over
- The 2nd one and spread mashed potatoes( masala dale hue)over it .
- Now place the 4th parat and spread finely chopped green chillies.
- Now place the 5th parat over the 4th one and spread grated paneer.
- Now place the 6th parat over the 5th one and spread finely chopped pudina.
- Now place the 7th parat on top of the 6th parotha to give a finishing.
- Cut the prepared material into 6 equal parts.
- Dip each piece in dry atta and roll it flatly with belan.
- Now prepare it by frying it with desi ghee on tava and serve it hot hot! with a delicious achaar and enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by LAVINAGUPTA on 15 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.