Sarson Aloo ka Saag
by Pari_ Vasisht
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9053 times
A perfect winter curry which has the benefits of greens and potato. It goes well with makke ki roti.
Add your private note
Sarson Aloo ka Saag recipe - How to make Sarson Aloo ka Saag
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Combine the mustard leaves, garlic cloves, green chilies and ginger and pressure cook with a cup of water till cooked.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato and potato, salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the turmeric and coriander seeds powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Cover and cook till potatoes are done.
- Add the the mustard greens paste and half a cup of water and some garam masala and mix well.
- Heat another tbsp of ghee and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add one finely chopped garlic, asafoetida and 2 red chilies.
- Pour this tempering on the curry.
- Mix and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Pari_ Vasisht on 16 May 2012A passionate food blogger, I love to try fusion food. I find baking therapeutic and love to bake and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.