Sanwa Panki ( Faraali Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21225 times
This unique panki recipe gets its delicate flavour after being cooked between banana leaves. Green chutney is a great combo for this delectable dish.
- Blend the sanwa millet in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the rajgira and arrowroot flours, curds, rock salt, coriander, ginger-green chilli paste, cumin seeds and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Cover and keep aside to ferment for 1 hour.
- Grease one side of each banana leaf with a little oil and keep aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter on one half of the greased side of a banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.
- Fold the other side of the banana leaf over the batter.
- Heat on a non-stick pan or a tava (griddle) and cook it on a medium flame, using a little oil. Till light brown spots appear on both the sides of the leaves and the panki peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 14 more pankis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.