Santa's chocolate thumbprint cookies
This recipe has been viewed 1272 times
make on saturdays or sundays!!!enjoy!!
Add your private note
Santa's chocolate thumbprint cookies recipe - How to make Santa's chocolate thumbprint cookies
Cooking Time: Total Time:
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 3/4 cup corn syrup
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
• 1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
• 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl until well blended; stir in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. in a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add this dry mixture to butter mixture. blend well. cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- 2. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (175 degrees c).
- 3. in a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll each ball in sugar mixture and arrange on a cookie sheet. using your thumb, make an indentation in center of each cookie.
- 4. bake in a preheated 350 degrees f (175 degrees c) oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until just set.
- 5. remove the cookies from the oven. if the indentation has grown indistinct, use the top of a spoon and press indentation in further. immediately place 1 teaspoon white chips into each indentation. after several minutes, swirl the melted chips with a spoon. top with toffee bits and maraschino cherry halves (if desired). cool cookies on a wire rack
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#431765 on 04 Dec 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.