Sanjeev's Dal Makhani
This recipe has been viewed 5812 times
Sanjeev's Dal Makhni is a the popular Punjabi lentil preparation with split black urad dal. A rich and creamy dal recipe, dal Makhni is a favorite North Indian dal preparation and is best relished with paranthas and pickle.
Add your private note
Sanjeev's Dal Makhani recipe - How to make Sanjeev's Dal Makhani
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Pick, wash and soak black urad whole and rajmah overnight in 5 cups of water.
- Cook the soaked dal and rajmah in 5 cups of water with salt, red chili powder and chopped ginger till dal and rajmah are cooked/soft.
- Heat oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan. add cumin seeds, let it crackle. add chopped onions and cook till golden brown in color.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala.
- Add boiled dal and rajma to this. correct seasoning.
- Add garam masala powder and simmer on very slow flame for 15 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.
This recipe was contributed by MAMTAMERAI on 16 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.