Samosa kadhi chaat
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1790 times
Add your private note
Samosa kadhi chaat recipe - How to make Samosa kadhi chaat
Cooking Time: Total Time:
For the samosa covering
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
2 teaspoons ghee, melted
salt to taste
For the samosa filling
1 cup boiled potato, cubed
1/2 cup green peas, boiled
2 tablespoons capsicum, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
2 teaspoons ginger-green chilli paste
2 teaspoons amchur (dried amchur powder)
1 teaspoon coriander-cumin seed (dhania-jeera) powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
For the coconut kadhi
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2 tablespoons Bengal gram flour (besan)
3/4 cup fresh curds
2 cardamoms (elaichi)
25 mm. (1") stick cinnamon
1 bay leaf
6 curry leaves
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli, sliced
1 teaspoon oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1/2 cup khajur imli ki chutney
1/2 cup green chutney
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
2 to 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- For the samosa covering
- 1. mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using water. knead well.
- 2. divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into 125 mm. x 50 mm. (5" x 2") oval. keep aside.
- For the samosa filling
- 1. heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. when they crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger-green chilli paste.
- 2. sauté for 1 minute and add the potato, green peas, capsicum, amchur, coriander-cumin seed powder, garam masala and salt.
- 3. mix well and mash lightly.
- 4. remove from the fire, cool, divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- For the samosas
- 1. divide each samosa covering oval into 2 halves.
- 2. make a cone from each part and stuff with the filling.
- 3. seal the edges carefully usign a little water. repeat with the remaining oval halves and filling to make 11 more samosas.
- 4. deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till golden brown in colour. keep aside.
- For the coconut kadhi
- 1. add the gram flour to the curds, mix well and keep aside.
- 2. heat the oil in a pan and add the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and curry leaves.
- 3. when the curry leaves splutter, add the ginger and red chilli and stir for a few seconds.
- 4. add the coconut milk and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- 5. add the gram flour-curds mixture and salt and mix well. simmer on a slow flame till the kadhi thickens while stirring constantly. keep aside.
- How to serve
- 1. place the hot samosas in a serving bowl and spoon the hot kadhi over them.
- 2. top with the khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney.
- 3. garnish with the coriander, spring onions and cherry tomatoes.
- 4. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by insia on 05 Oct 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.