by DHARA SHAH
This recipe has been viewed 2201 times
Samosa is a fried or baked dish with a savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas or minced meat. But here to make it Jain, I am using raw bananas instead of potatoes.
Samosa Pinwheels is a slight alternation to the traditional Samosa and is as delicious as the traditional samosas and yet they are quite easy than the samosa as the outer cover making is not hard as samosas.
The stuffing looks like pinwheel and also each pinwheel is bite size and hence the name. Samosa Pinwheels are a rich party appetizer and snack too!
Add your private note
Samosa Pinwheels recipe - How to make Samosa Pinwheels
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- In a deep bowl combine all the ingredients for dough, mix and knead it well to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 mins until you make stuffing.
- In another deep bowl combine all the ingredients for the stuffing and mix it well. Keep aside.
- After 10 mins, take out the dough and knead it for couple of minutes.
- Divide the dough and the stuffing into 2 equal portions.
- Dust one portion of dough with flour and roll it to slightly thicker chapati using a rolling pin.
- Cut the edges of circle to make a pastry sheet.
- Evenly spread one portion of stuffing on the rolled pastry sheet.
- Start rolling from one end to form a firm log. Seal the edges with water.
- Repeat steps and to make 1 more log.
- With a sharp knife cut the edges where there is no stuffing. Then cut the remaining portion into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Keep it aside.
- Take each chopped samosa pinwheels and press the open side gently to make it like a round shape so that the inner filling looks like a pinwheel.
- Now, rub the pinwheels into sesame seeds and keep aside.
- Deep fry them into hot oil until they become crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve them as a appetizer or snack with cup of masala tea!
This recipe was contributed by DHARA SHAH on 25 Jan 2017By profession I am a software engineer and very much passionated to cooking! All my recipes are Veg ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.